1. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Cancer compendium: information and trends by cancer type: Colorectal cancer in Australia. Available from: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/cancer/cancer-compendium-information-and-trends-by-cancer-type/report-contents/colorectal-cancer-in-australia (Accessed 22nd June 2019).
2. Dekker E, Rex DK. Advances in CRC prevention: screening and surveillance. Gastroenterology. 2018;154:1970-84.
3. Petersen H, Holdgaard PC, Madsen PH, Knudsen LM, Gad D, Gravergaard AE, et al. FDG PET/CT in cancer: comparison of actual use with literature-based recommendations. Eur J Nuc Med Mol Imaging. 2016;43:695-706.
4. Treglia G, Tarali S, Salsano M, Muoio B, Sadeghi R, Giovanelli L. Prevalence and malignancy risk of focal colorectal incidental uptake detected by (18)F-FDG-PET or PET/CT: a meta-analysis. Radiol Oncol. 2014;48:99-104.
5. Mui M, Akhurst T, Warrier SK, Lynch AC, Heriot AG. Detection of incidental colorectal pathology on positron emission tomography/computed tomography. ANZ J Surg. 2018;88:E122-6.
6. Minamimoto R, Senda M, Jinnouchi S, Terauchi T, Yoshida T, Inoue T. Detection of colorectal cancer and adenomas by FDG-PET cancer screening program: results based on a nationwide Japanese survey. Ann Nucl Med. 2014;28:212-9.
7. Liu T, Behr S, Khan S, Osterhoff R, Aparici CM. Focal colonic FDG activity with PET/CT: guidelines for recommendation of colonoscopy. World J Nucl Med. 2015;14:25-30.
8. Igarashi K, Hotta K, Imai K, Yamaguchi Y, Ito S, Kawata N, et al. Can positron emission tomography detect colorectal adenomas and cancers? J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;32:602-8.
9. Hirakawa T, Kato J, Okumura Y, Hori K, Takahashi S, Suzuki H, et al. Detectability of colorectal neoplasia with fluorine-18-2-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography and computed tomography (FDG-PET/CT). J Gastroenterol. 2012;47:127-35.
10. Kim WS, Lee HS, Lee JM, Kwak MS, Hwang SW, Park SH, et al. Fluoro-2-deoxy-d-glucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography for the detection of proximal synchronous lesions in patients with obstructive colorectal cancer. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;32:401-8.
11. Sekiguchi M, Kakugawa Y, Terauchi T, Matsumoto M, Saito H, Muramatsu Y, et al. Sensitivity of 2-[18F]fluoro-2-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography for advanced colorectal neoplasms: a large-scale analysis of 7505 asymptomatic screening individuals. J Gastroenterol. 2016;51:1122-32.