►Submit a New Manuscript
- Go to “Submit a New Manuscript ".
If you have already submitted a manuscript, you can complete it via Incomplete Submissions menu.
- "Article Type": Author must select his/her manuscript's type and title.
- “Manuscript Title”: Choose a title long enough to cover the main points considering the importance of shortness.
- Only the first letter of the first word of each title and also abbreviations should be in upper case.
- In this part please enter only the title and running title of your manuscript. Additional comments may be entered at a later step.
- "Authors": Article owner can add as many authors as s/he wants. To add another author, please proceed as follows:
- Enter the author's e-mail and click the Search button.
- If the author does not have any registered account in the journal website: enter the author's information including first name, middle name, last name, and the academic degree.
- If the author was a registered user: author's information will be filled automatically.
- Check if the author is corresponding or not.
- Click the "Add" button.
In "Authors" tab, the manuscript owner is able to add all authors. To do:
- Enter the author's E-mail in the E-mail section and click the search:
- If an author has NOT been registered in any journal: Enter the author's information including first name, middle name, last name, and the academic degree.
- If an author has already been registered in one of the journals: Author's information will be filled automatically.
- Change Authors' orders: You can re-order the authors by clicking the sign button at the left column of this table and then click the "Save Order" button.
- Also, you can select only one main corresponding author from selected corresponding authors.
- Corresponding Authors are usually the senior authors who provide the intellectual inputs and designs and approve the protocols to be followed in the study and can be one or more.
- Main Corresponding Author: Only one of "corresponding authors" can be the main corresponding author and he/she can see actions for re-submission or payment for his/her articles.
- “Abstract”: Submitting an abstract is required for submission. The abstract may be cut and pasted from a word processing program; however, the formatting will be lost.
Word Count of Abstract:
- An abstract of 250-350 words should be provided to state the reason for the study, the main findings and the conclusions drawn from the observation.
An abstract is required in:
- A Structured abstract is required for the below article types:
- Research Articles
- Review Articles
- Case Reports
- Brief Reports
A list of 3-10 keywords must be provided for indexing purposes. All keywords should be provided according to the MeSH terms at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/MBrowser.html. Note that the preferred expression is indicated by the label "MeSH Heading" and not "Entry Term". The desired terms may then be copied from the MeSH Browser. Another way of finding appropriate headings is to search PubMed to find articles on similar topics, and review the MeSH headings assigned to those articles.
- In the "Keywords" section, enter your manuscripts' keywords.
- Keywords are being separated by semicolons or commas.
- Also, for deleting each keyword, author can simply click the delete sign on every keyword.
- In "Comment" section, author is able to write any comments.
- These comments can be additional information that had not been predicted in the previous steps or any other notes, comments or ideas. For example, if you have contacted one of members of editorial board before, or if this manuscript is a revised version of a rejected manuscript, you can write it down here.
- It is optional.
These comments will not appear in your manuscript.
- "Reviewers": Author can suggest or oppose one or more reviewers.
- Choose relation type from Suggested/Oppose reviewer.
- Type an E-mail of the Suggested/Opposed reviewer.
- Enter the first name and last name of the reviewer. These two items are necessary and other items (such as middle name, department, and academic degree, and department, university and classifications type) are optional.
- Write down a reason indicating why you want to suggest or oppose this reviewer.
- "Files": Author must upload his/her manuscript files. Please proceed as follows for each file:
- Select the file type.
- Select the file.
- In some file types such as Figures, a caption is also needed for each file. Enter the required caption.
- Click the Attach File. Check, edit, delete or re-upload any required file and move to the next step by clicking the "Save & Next" button.
Different File Types:
- Full Manuscript without Title Page
- Title Page
- Cover Letter
- Reply to Reviewers
- English Edit Certificate
- Other Files
- Financial disclosure is required for all types of submissions.
- Authors are expected to provide detailed information about any relevant financial interests or financial conflicts within the past 5 years and for the foreseeable future.
- Authors who have no relevant financial interests are asked to provide a statement indicating that they have no financial interests related to the material in the manuscript.
- Dr de Lemos reported receiving research grants and honoraria and consulting fees for speaking from Biosite and Roche. Dr Blazing reported receiving honoraria from Merck and Pfizer.
- Authors are asked to describe their contribution in the study, and these contributions to the work may be published at the editor's discretion.
Author Contributions: Study concept and design: Fortes, Melchi, and Abeni. Analysis and interpretation of data: Fortes, Mastroeni, and Leffondre. Drafting of the manuscript: Fortes. Critical revision of the manuscript for important intellectual content: Mastroeni, Leffondre, Sampogna, Melchi, Mazzotti, Pasquini, and Abeni. Statistical analysis: Fortes and Mastoeni.
Yoon Kong Loke developed the original idea and the protocol, abstracted and analyzed data, wrote the manuscript, and is guarantor. Deirdre Price and Sheena Derry contributed to the development of the protocol, abstracted data, and prepared the manuscript.
How to write?
Please clarify and write who was responsible for:
- Study concept and design:
- Acquisition of data:
- Analysis and interpretation of data:
- Drafting of the manuscript:
- Critical revision of the manuscript for important intellectual content:
- Statistical analysis:
- Administrative, technical, and material support:
- Study supervision:
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
Conflict of Interests must be included in the cover letter to prevent overlooked or misplaced information on potential conflict of interests. Authors must identify any potential financial conflict of interests before the review process begins. Declared conflict of interest will not automatically result in rejection of a paper but the editors reserve the right to publish any declared conflict of interest alongside the acceptance. The following statements would generally be regarded as potential conflict of interests:
- Direct financial payment to an author for the research or manuscript production by the sponsor of a product or service evaluated in an article.
- Ownership of shares by an author in the company sponsoring a product service evaluated in an article (or in a company sponsoring a competing product).
- Personal consultant for companies or other organizations with a financial interests for promotion of particular health care products and services.
- Detailed information regarding all financial and material support for the research and work.
- It must not be limited to grant support, funding sources, and provision of equipment and supplies.
- A link to the grant number provided by authors is always required.
Funding/Support: This study was supported in part by grant CA34988 from the National Institutes of Health and by a teaching and research scholarship from the American College of Physicians (Dr Fischl).
- If there were no problems during submission, the last step of the submission wizard will show the "Build" tab.
- If the submission wizard finds out a problem or lack of required information in your submission, it will move to the the error step, automatically.
- In "build" tab, there will be two PDF files which must be checked by author:
- Blind PDF: Without authors' names and affiliation ("Full manuscript without Title Page")
- Full PDF: With authors' names and affiliations
- If there were any problems in these files, author must fix the problem by returning to the submission wizard and then "Rebuild" it again (problems in tables are common).
- Standard Word counts: The standard word count of each article type can be found in the "Build" section. Please check and confirm it. By confirming word counts, you have accepted its terms and condition.
Incomplete Submissions could be completed via this menu. To do:
- Click the "Incomplete Submissions".
- "Continue" or "Discard" any article.
- Please consider that if you discard the manuscript, it will be deleted and you cannot continue or recover it.
Role of the Sponsor
The specific role of the funding organization or sponsor in:
- Designing and conducting of the study Collection
- Analysis of the data
- Preparation, review, and approval of the manuscript
Role of the Sponsor: The funding organizations are public institutions and had no role in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, and analysis of the data; or preparation, review, and approval of the manuscript. The Utah and Missouri health departments provided practical support for the focus group and survey processes, including letters of endorsement, hospital contact information, and assistance with logistic arrangements for focus group sessions.
All users involved in a manuscript (author, reviewer, AE, or EIC) are able to see the "screening log" in the details of each manuscript. To do:
- Click the "Manuscript Title"
- Choose the correct revision of your manuscript
- Go to Peer Review Process
- Click Screening Log
Resubmit a Manuscript
Authors are able to re-submit a manuscript if EIC or publisher sent back an article to its author. To do:
- Manuscript Sent Back to Author could be found in "Authorial Area".
- To "Re-submit", Click on its menu.
Note: To resubmit the manuscript, You MUST be the Corresponding Author.
- In the new window, please pay attention to the revise message of the submission.
- Follow submission to the end till build Tab and Finish it. The message shows you that the resubmit process is completed successfully.
►Implication of your Manuscript
This part will be used for better understanding the main message of the article in a simple way.
Maximum word count should not be more than 50-100.
- Author is able to submit a revised version of a manuscript.
- If EIC suggested a revision (Minor or Major) on your manuscript, then you are able to do it via journal website.
How to submit a revision?
- Sign in to journal website > Change your role to Author (in top-right pane) > click on “Minor or Major Revision".
- Find desired article. Click Submit Revision by Main Corresponding Author.
ONLY corresponding author is able to see this button in this page and submit a revised manuscript.
During submitting your revision, be sure to upload “Revised Manuscript” and “Reply to Reviewers Letter”.
- Follow the submission to the end, and “Approve it”. The message shows that the resubmit process is completed successfully.
►Persian Abstract in a Journal
Some of the Iranian journals would like to publish a Persian abstract. Authors of these journals should upload their Persian abstract during submission.
- Upload a word file during submission for those manuscript types with required abstract.
- This abstract will be printed in the final PDF.
►Article Processing Charge Policy and Article Submission Charge Policy
This journal has no article submission or peer review processing charges.
► Open Access Policy:
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
►Content Licensing Policy
Annals of Colorectal Reasearch articles are published under a Creative Commons license (CC-BY-NC).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
a. I/we certify that I/we have participated sufficiently in the intellectual content, conception and design of this work or the analysis and interpretation of the data (when applicable), as well as the writing of the manuscript, to take public responsibility for it and have agreed to have my/our name listed as a contributor. I/we believe the manuscript represents valid work. Neither this manuscript nor one with substantially similar content under my/our authorship has been published or is being considered for publication elsewhere, except as described in the covering letter. I/we certify that all the data collected during the study is presented in this manuscript and no data from the study has been or will be published separately. I/we attest that, if requested by the editors, I/we will provide the data/information or will cooperate fully in obtaining and providing the data/information on which the manuscript is based, for examination by the editors or their assignees. I/we also certify that we have taken all necessary permissions from our institution and/or department for conducting and publishing the present work.
b. Financial interests, direct or indirect, that exist or may be perceived to exist for individual contributors in connection with the content of this paper have been disclosed in the cover letter. Sources of outside support of the project are named in the cover letter.
c. I/we hereby, transfer(s), assign(s), or otherwise convey(s) all copyright ownership, including any and all rights incidental thereto, exclusively to the Journal, in the event that such work is published by the Journal. The Journal shall own the work, including 1) copyright; 2) the right to grant permission to republish the article in whole or in part, with or without fee; 3) the right to produce preprints or reprints and translate into languages other than English for sale or free distribution; and 4) the right to republish the work in a collection of articles in any other mechanical or electronic format.
d. We give the rights to the corresponding author to make necessary changes as per the request of the journal, do the rest of the correspondence on our behalf and he/she will act as the guarantor for the manuscript on our behalf.
e. All persons who have made substantial contributions to the work reported in the manuscript, but who are not contributors, are named in the Acknowledgment and have given me/us their written permission to be named. If I/we do not include an Acknowledgment that means I/we have not received substantial contributions from non-contributors and no contributor has been omitted.